WRSA Intermediate Rifle Clinic - Yakima, WA - 9/22-23
Grab your gear and join us on September 22-23 at the Sun Valley Shooting Park in Yakima, Washington for the next WRSA Intermediate Rifle Clinic!
What You’ll Need:
• 200 rounds ammo per day; > 80% of the course can be fired successfully with .22LR
• At least two mags (Note: we are Garand-friendly)
• Rifle sling and ammo carry (mag pouch, bandoleer, etc.)
• Optics/Irons – whatever you would use in an emergency; bring back-up irons if possible
• Food/water/sungear/raingear to get you through a day’s shooting; don’t forget the aspirin!
• Kneepads/elbowpads/groundpads if you use them
• Eye and ear protection
• Binoculars (optional)
• Pistoleros: bring your holstered piece, ammo, and an extra mag
What You’ll Learn:
• Practical zeroing for your rifle
• Rapid reaction shots at various ranges (from 3 to 200 yards)
• The importance of follow-up shots
• Immediate action drills
• Reloading techniques
• Moving safely with your rifle
• The necessity of weak-side training
• Your pistol as last resort
Who: Western Rifle Shooters Association
What: Intermediate Rifle Clinic
Where: Sun Valley Shooting Park, Yakima, WA – see details below
When: September 22-23, 2007 -- 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
How much: $75/day; $150/weekend; bring a buddy and receive 50% off the 2nd admission; range fees are separate and will be $35/shooter/weekend
Prerequisites: Each shooter will be expected at all times to adhere to the standard gun safety rules, with special attention to muzzle and trigger finger control. Your weekend will be more enjoyable if your rifle is cleaned, properly lubricated, and zeroed at 200 yards. All shooters will have an opportunity to zero their rifles at appropriate distances. Make sure to remember your cleaning equipment, lubricants, and any necessary tools/manuals for all of your gear.
Rendezvous details: Sun Valley Shooting Park
1452 Suntargets Rd.
From Yakima: Take State Hwy 24 East 12 miles to Suntargets Road, then follow the road to the end