kerfuffle, carfuffle, kurfuffle [kəˈfʌfəl]Observations:
Informal chiefly Brit commotion; disorder; agitation
(tr) Scot to put into disorder or disarray; ruffle or disarrange
[from Scottish curfuffle, carfuffle, from Scottish Gaelic car twist, turn + fuffle to disarrange]
a) Anyone who thinks I bear Mike or Bob any grudge whatsoever is completely mistaken. Nor am I anything other than an informed reader of Baugh's material.
b) Read the damned book, along with the rest of Baugh's material.
Just know that if you are commenting on Baugh's ideas without actually, you know, reading them, you risk appearing rather silly, a la:
"Did you hear that Becky saw Amy telling Mary that Susie overheard Janet saying that Louise asked Sarah if Betty kissed Jimmy at the hop last Saturday?"
c) It is possible that the upcoming North American war games will be fought over luncheons and afternoon teas by white-glove-wearing proper ladies amongst various chapters of the Junior League, the DAR, and the La Leche League.
But it's a heckuva lot more likely that the festivities will be a tad more...informal.
And I don't just mean sandwiches with the crusts left on.
In that case, I want as many friends, allies, and situational partners-of-mutual-convenience as I can muster in my AO.
Put it this way:
1) Can anyone name three ways in which the local working girls might be useful to the FreeFor?
2) Same question re one or more the local outlaw motorcycle gang(s).
3) Ditto re the local moonshiner.
4) And what about the snaggly-toothed gentlemen with the booby-trapped patches of cannabis sativa up in the hollers?
5) How about the corrupt cop?
6) Think the politician videotaped in flagrante with his male assistant might be a useful intel asset?
7) Do you think the owner of the local stolen auto parts emporium/"chop shop" might be worth having a conversation or two?
8) Think the Mexican cartels are only hauling illegals over the border? What else might they be smuggling or be willing to smuggle for the right price?
9) Who's more likely to have the pain meds and antibiotics needed by your daughter with the compound fracture - your local pastor or the local gang who knocked over your town's pharmacy once things turned sporty?
10) Assuming security could be arranged, would anyone turn down a deal to buy a million rounds of fresh Russian 7.62x39 and 1,000 AKs in good shape from a known Islamist once the balloon goes up?
I know that merely asking these questions proves that I am a splitter, a heretic, a collectivist stooge, and someone who flosses only infrequently.
So be it.
d) Some final questions:
- Did anyone out there do PT yesterday? How many times this week?
- When and what is the course of fire for your next range day?
- How is your food storage? Water treatment? Med supplies? Ammo?
- Have you spread your materiel across several different secure locations to minimize chances of a complete loss due to criminal or OpFor action?
- Is the tribe-building going well? If not, how can you fix that?
- What new skills did you learn over the past month?
Focus on events in your area, do what you need to do, and don't get caught up in distractions.
There's going to be a lot of disillusioned folks in the near term.
And a whole bunch of them are headed your way.