The Wookie-Sphere* Loses Its Mind, Or, Why We Will Lose
Come and join the hubbub as Charles-Johnson-Mania breaks out amongst the merry band:
Baugh Speech -- 8/14 NC RTC
Rebuttal #1: Tom Baugh & Me
Rebuttal #2: Spanking The Monkey
Surrebuttal: More Like Darth Helmet
Surreal Rebuttal #1: Spanking the Monkey: Nazi Asslick Farts Back
Surreal Rebuttal #2: No, I'm Not "Better Than That"
I guess we no longer need to read each other's books and other material before forming irrevocable conclusions.
And I am also glad to see that we have tossed the logical fallacies handbook aside and have adopted in full the Left's reliance on ad hominem and guilt by association.
Godwin is chuckling, as well.
Finally, contrary to what I wrote in a comment to Surreal Rebuttal #1, we must have every-effing-thing else so completely freaking squared away that we can afford to start shooting at each other inside the foxhole.
Disregard this comment, therefore:
My point in "Brouhaha" was to get folks (not you) looking at hard facts.
The good guys are deemed as utterly impotent by the Bad People.
Baugh, as an individual, doesn't really matter. His ideas do, at least some of them.
He is the only person I have read who speaks in detail of the central problem:
- The majority (> 150M, by my guess) of so-called "Americans" vehemently do not want the burdens of political liberty and individual freedom.
- That 150M+ mob will be used to tear apart and eat (literally, in some cases) the old-school minority known variously as Constitutionalists, individualists, et cetera.
- Neither that mob, their masters, nor their lackeys in press and politics fear the old-school minority.
- That absence of fear is because we of the despised minority have not given the looters and moochers any lesson at all, let alone a full-semester course, in 'Oderint dum metuant' -- "Let them hate, so long as they fear".
- Given the above, personal secession (my phrase) and physical isolation from the coming madness is an approach that will buy not only survival, but time for additional skillset acquisition.
Anyone who disputes these assertions needs to explain the arc of the past 30 (100?) years.
The Baugh issue is tertiary to the ones above.
Most of the audience is not thinking anywhere near enough about these points, IMHO.
So let the fratricide continue -- and accelerate, even.
That way, the odds for the FreeFor can drop to mathematically zero.
For me, I'll be away for a while figuring out why the eff I have wasted so much of my 'only-ever life', in Billy Beck's phrase, on an endeavor that is so clearly and utterly effing doomed.
After all, I too have been denounced by two -- count them, two! -- leading 'freedom advocates' as both a 'Benedict Arnold' and an agent provacateur.
It was said, so it must be true.
(*h/t to Tam for the term)