Most everyone has some time this Independence Day weekend. May I suggest a useful way to spend some of that time?
1) Get a 4x8 of light plywood and cut it to conform with the illustration above.
2) In a safe location, mount the resulting board vertically, and place a series of small (no > 2") targets 25m or so in front of the board.
3) 25m or so behind the board, place a large barrel or other obstacle.
4) Sample course of fire:
- starting in the upper right hand corner, fire two shots at your target from a standing position
- then run to the barrel and back to the board while transferring your rifle to your weak side, go to the upper left hand corner, and fire two more shots at another target
- continue alternating strong side and weak side 2-shot groups while moving into ever-more awkward positions to shoot through the board slots, remembering to keep all of your body behind the "cover", while running two 25m sprints to the barrel and back between each shot group
- keep your rifle running; reload as necessary
- score will be determined by the highest number of hits on both the right and left targets, divided by total elapsed seconds
Best to get training hard now.