Will The Real Tom Dresner Please Stand Up?
Following up on the Columbia, MO dog killers, the following comment was posted here this morning:
This is Tom Dresner. If you're really planning to come by my house, fine.
I hear it's because you want to demand the release of the names of the officers involved in the Feb 11 warrant service.
They've already been released.
Assuming that the commenter is in fact the Deputy Chief of the Columbia PD, the following questions seem logical:
1) Where have the names of the officers involved in this raid been published? Please provide the link(s).
2) Where is a copy of the applicable search warrant and supporting affidavit available to the public? I am sure you have a copy of each document or can get same, so we would be happy to publish the warrant and affidavit once you load a .pdf of it to scribd.com.
3) Since 1/1/2009, how many times has the Columbia SWAT team been deployed?
4) For each deployment referenced in question #3, what felony arrests and what misdemeanor arrests were made?
5) For each arrest referenced in question #4, what was the final disposition of each arrest?
6) For each SWAT team deployment referenced in question #3 that involved the execution of a search warrant, what specific contraband (i.e., guns, drugs, etc.) was seized?
7) For each SWAT team deployment referenced in question #3 that involved the execution of a search warrant, what specific non-contraband (i.e., data files, paper records, clothing, etc.) was seized?
8) For each SWAT team deployment referenced in question #3 that involved the execution of a search warrant, where can the public obtain copies of each warrant and its supporting affidavit(s)?
9) Since 1/1/08, how much Federal funding, of whatever type and including grants in kind such as vehicles and other equipment, has been received by the Columbia PD?
10) Since 1/1/08, how much of the Federal funding referenced in question 9 has been used in resourcing the Columbia PD SWAT team?
I am sure our readers can come up with other questions.
UPDATE 14 MAY 2010 1310 EDT: Check the left margins of this local media report for more info, including some of the documents requested above.
UPDATE 14 MAY 2010 2240 EDT: More local coverage and comments here.