A Reminder From Eighteen Months Ago
From here, as the 2010 "American democracy theatre" starts to spin towards full throttle:
To reiterate, we have reached the point in this country, I believe, where the electoral power of the following societal segments:
- government workers at the local, state, and Federal level;
- "private industry" workers whose jobs are dependent on continually-expanding government spending;
- government dependents totally reliant upon the State for housing, sustenance, and other basics;
- millions of illegal aliens transmuted into "undocumented voters" to further the statists' schemes; and
- individuals whose so-called "thinking" is so befogged by the combination of government school indoctrination and mainstream media propaganda that the concepts of freedom and private property are almost literally unthinkable
is so great as to render the existing political processes moot for anyone who believes in individual freedom and limited government.
We simply do not have the votes.
The indispensable James Bovard has more on that theme here.
Do you understand yet?