Restore the Constitution -- Open-Carry Rally Near DC -- 4/19/10
This open-carry civil rights rally, planned in conjunction with this coming April's freedom marches, is still in the development phases, but you can keep up with the latest by bookmarking this site:
Restore The Constitution
Further information here:
RTC Mission Statement/FAQ
RTC Target Audience/Success Criteria
For the link-leery, here's the core concept:
4-19-10 rally at Gravelly Point Park, Virginia 8AM to dark. Gravelly Point is only the tentative location at this point, as we are still assessing whether it is in fact the closest carry-legal location to DC where we can hold a rally. Currently, the permit for the rally is pending. See home blog page for latest updates.
Unlike traditional protest rallies, the primary target audience of this rally will be those who already support the idea that the constitution needs restoring. If you’re reading this and you’re generally supportive so far, but probably won’t make the effort to attend, YOU are the primary target audience. Why target mainly those who already agree with you? To show that it can, in fact, be done and to improve our ability to hold a bigger, SECOND “Restore the Constitution” rally if any of us chose to do so.
1. Unite as many as will come to the edge of Washington, D.C. to rally in support and defense of the Constitution of the United States of America and to stand, armed and united, with our brothers and sisters delivering the same basic message to our servant politicians in DC and in the state capitals.
2. Exercise our God given rights to assembly and freedom of speech (First Amendment) while simultaneously exercising the right to keep and bear arms (Second Amendments).
3. To show our elected servants in DC and the state capitals that we will not stand by idly while their corruption, dishonesty, and outright violations of our country’s founding principles destroy the American Republic.
4. Receive media exposure through national press, special interest press organizations, and independent media sources.
5. To continue the networking between average Americans concerned about the future that has been happening over the past twenty years, as governmental power grew and individual freedoms shrank.
1) What is this event?
This is a civil rights rally with the simple message: Restore the Constitution! We plan to show our support for constitutional government at all levels – Federal, state, and local – by exercising our civil rights as guaranteed by the First, Second, Fourth, Ninth, and Tenth Amendments to the US Constitution.
The main rally is taking place at (proposed) Gravelly Point Park, VA, which is part of the George Washington Parkway National Park.
From 8 am through dark on April 19, 2010.
Citizens who demand that the Constitution be followed, as written.
Because on one level, the Constitution of the United States is being passively overlooked by many in the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the US government. But on another level, the Constitution of the United States is being actively undermined by many in the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the US government. Both are totally unacceptable.
More as planning proceeds.