Western Rifle Shooters Association

Do not give in to Evil, but proceed ever more boldly against it

Friday, July 17, 2009

Beck: Tick-Tock, Ladies And Gentlemen

"Bill Beck says this and says that. (it’s all talk)
The time is for action."
Hey, Jake: I haven't even touched an income tax form since 1977, much less sign my name to one or actually send this government one thin dime of what I produce. Can you think why? It's because I saw all of this a long time ago. I don't work for thieves. I've wrecked my career over it (it's very difficult to find anyone who can pay me for what I do), I don't own anything worth their threatening me with prison over (which is probably good for them because in a cell I could finally give up trying to live and concentrate on an attempted American "Gulag Archipelago"), and I am just about universally known as a kook.

Everyone can think what they will, but I have done my best, my whole adult life, not to lend my hand to this monstrosity. Observe Mick Kraut: "Here is the fundamental problem. Obama and his ilk truly believe that my money is their’s and..." {whack}

"Obama". Look: I'm fifty-two years old and the United States government has "believ[ed]" that (so far as we can ascribe "belief" to an abstract conceptual entity without consciousness) for all my lifetime and a lot more. Please pay attention:

I very rarely cite Ayn Rand, for a couple of reasons. One is that the mention of her name is most often a bomb lofted into any discussion and just about guaranteed to blow things up. The other is that my own integrations of her concepts are good enough for my own words. However, there has never been a clearer way to put this:

"Political economy was, in effect, a science starting in midstream: it observed that men were producing and trading, it took for granted that they had always done so and always would -- it accepted this fact as the given, requiring no further consideration -- and it addressed itself to the problem of how to devise the best way for the 'community' to dispose of human effort."

("Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal", 1966, New American Library, Part I, "Theory And History", ch. 1, "What Is Capitalism?", p. 4)

Anyone who cannot see this premise as far back as, say, Roosevelt, is simply not competent to attend this discussion.

We are where we are because Americans have not guarded their freedom, of which individual economic sovereignty is a necessarily implicit element. Only slaves produce under the threat of force, and that's what generations of people in this country have been doing.

There is no surprise in the facts of this ethics and politics coming to these straits.

And I beg you, sir: do not snipe at me about "action". I have lived the whole life.

To the rest of you: this will stop when you stop feeding it.

I know the trades requisite in the project. All I can tell you is that what you might give up today is nothing compared to what you will lose tomorrow if you don't stand up right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger pdxr13 said...

Who is John Galt?

July 17, 2009 at 6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home