Spartacus: America Enters a Post-Political Party Era
Now that the Obama/Pelosi/Reid Looter Party machine has the White House, the House of Representatives, and the Senate under full control, many of us who want government off our back, out of our wallet, and out of our way (or as I call them, “the Constitutionalists”) look to the Republican Party as our only hope.
We are wrong to do so. I'll explain why below.
Let’s get some fundamental truths out in the open:
1. There is no more Republican versus Democrat. There is only government tyranny versus individual liberty.
2. There is no more Left versus Right. There is only government tyranny versus individual liberty.
3. There is no more Conservative versus Liberal. There is only government tyranny versus individual liberty.
What facts do we have to support these contentions? Well, there are quite a few, but here are the easiest to list:
1. McCain ran a weak campaign in which he told us not to fear his opponent, thus proving that deference to his fellow member of The World’s Most Exclusive Club was more important than other things , such as, say, winning the Presidential election or being the standard-bearer for Republican voters’ values. I would call those McCain’s “other priorities” but I lack sufficient facts to dare say those were priorities at all for McCain.
2. In a transparent “yes-we-can, TOO!” effort, the Republicans have elected as their National Committee chairman Michael Steele of Maryland, who they claim was the most moderate of the candidates for the position, and only appears “conservative” when compared to the Orwellian state of Maryland. But hey, in a first for the RNC, he’s black like the President. (I can only shake my head and wonder how many other fellow admirers of Monty Python’s “The Life Of Brian” see this as the RNC’s “follow the gourd!” moment.)
3. Even a Republican Senator has admitted that his fellow Republican Senators lack the guts to oppose the stimulus bill that will enslave our children for generations to come, and would actively side with the Democrats to override a filibuster.
“U.S. Sen. Richard Shelby, R-Tuscaloosa, said he is prepared to filibuster the proposed economic stimulus bill, but fears enough Republicans will side with Senate Democrats to override any attempt to block the bill’s passage. . . . . ‘Are we prepared to filibuster? Hope so,’ Shelby said. ‘But I’m afraid we may have two or three (Republicans) that might jump ship.’”
4. Notoriously anti-gun Eric Holder is confirmed as Obama’s Attorney General, with the assistance of 19 Republicans.
The point is that as we Constitutionalists stand here together today, we must realize a terrifying fact: In the halls of Congress, there is NO MEANINGFUL OPPOSITION to The Looters. The Republican Party is rudderless, leaderless, and bearingless. Their powerbrokers think that the path to regaining credibility with the Right/Conservatives/Republicans is to out-liberal the liberals and out-left the Left. It is sick, sad, and pathetic. But more dangerously, it means the Republican Party is further committing itself to being just another branch of the Looter Party.
From our perspective as Constitutionalists, we need to stop thinking in terms of Left/Right, Conservative/Liberal, and Republican/Democrat. For a long time now, we have thought the “Republican” label automatically meant the candidate stands for low taxes, limited government, less regulation, fiscal responsibility, and gun rights. That is simply no longer the case, and we must realize that the Republican Party at the national level has subscribed to the philosophy of The Looters.
So what is the modern Constitutionalist to do? Well, if the Republican Party won’t listen to you and me, figure out who they will listen to. There appear to be more effective ways of bringing The Looters to heel on the outside of the political system than within it. For example, if there is a non-governmental organization (NGO) they will listen to, and you are a member of that NGO, flood the NGO with calls, faxes, and emails. The NRA comes to mind; they tried to hide from the Holder nomination and only took a position when we called and nagged the NRA-ILA. Imagine if the Life Members of NRA called and threatened to cancel their membership, or to hold public group NRA card-burnings like the draft-card burnings of the Vietnam era…..
Next, find people who think like you on an issue, and get them to “mass their fires” on the issue. For those who don’t know, the U.S. Army field artillery figured out during World War II that instead of assigning one cannon to one target, they were most effective when they fired many cannons at once at the same target, then shifted all those cannons to the next target. One cannon firing 27 times at one target was not nearly as effective as 27 cannons firing all at once at one target. Use the Internet discussion forums to find like-minded people and bring to bear all the faxes, phone calls, and emails you can unleash on a politician -- or an NGO. Remember: No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.
And if you want to know your Representative’s or Senator’s position on an issue, write and ask. They will probably send you as milkwater a response as possible. If they do or if they take the wrong position, scan and post their letter on your favorite discussion forums and request a fire mission of calls, faxes, and emails to that politician.
The worst thing you can do now is to keep supporting Republicans just because they aren’t Democrats.
For years, we thought the Republicans and Democrats were on opposite ends of a rope playing tug-of-war. Instead, the scales have fallen from our eyes and we realize the Republicans and Democrats are making us play jump-rope as fast as we can – and the pace is increasing faster than we can keep up with it.