Western Rifle Shooters Association

Do not give in to Evil, but proceed ever more boldly against it

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Vanderboegh: "If not, then our Republic is lost"

Folks:

I sent an email to all of you not long ago entitled, "Support David Olofson, because in the ATF's eyes we are ALL David Olofson." In it, I gave a link to a GOA site where you can support David and his family while the appeal process grinds on. I reproduce it below with the request that you forward it and David's reply to me below, as far and wide as you can. Post it on every website and blog you can find. He's right - if we do not win this fight, then our Republic is lost.

-- Mike Vanderboegh

David R. Olofson
08632-089 K-1
Federal Correctional Institution
P.O. Box 1000
Sandstone, MN 55072

Mike,

I appreciate, and accept with great gratitude, your support and every prayer you have for my family and I. I knew that by choosing to accept the moral obligation our Creator instructed us to that the path would be long and arduous. But I see no other options, as any capitulation with the evil we have allowed to exist around us is out of the question for me.

While I can handle any kind and amount of punishment they give me knowing of my innocence, I am greatly pained by the suffering they have brought to my family. Despite that, you will find that I am more resolute in my stand now than I was before. The lies, the fabricated evidence, and threats and paid-off witnesses have not shaken me. There is but one path we can follow -- that of the truth.

I have no doubt that this will be resolved. How long it takes is yet to be determined. The victory in this will not be mine, but one of and for all freedom-loving Americans.

But it can not stop there. I am not the first, and I will not be the last innocent they go after with ulterior motives. Even as I write this they have stepped up their attacks on Len Savage in an attempt to put him out of business and quell any further testimony from him. I also have no doubt that they are waiting to see if they can get this as a precedent to use on any gun owner who merely crosses paths with any government agent at any level.

This is something I can not allow. I will continue to put myself in harm's way however futile the effort may be, in an attempt to keep such a perverse and planned miscarriage of justice from befalling any other person. When facing this much evil it can not be done alone, and will require the help of many. I can only hope that many others can follow my lead. If not, then our Republic is lost.

All my best to you, and thanks again,

David R. Olofson


My previous email:

Folks:


Below is an email to me from Larry Pratt of Gun Owners of America. In it, he gives a link to a fund to support the Olofsons in their time of great need. If you count yourself a patriot, you will send what you can as often as you can.

The Irish taught the British a lesson that we should remember: Just because the "power" jails an innocent man does not mean that they've won. Indeed, the unintended message they send by framing an innocent man is that there is no incentive for other innocent men to obey their decrees.

By doing what they did to David Olofson, the ATF (like the British to the Irish before them) has demonstrated that we are all guilty in their eyes not because of what we do, but who we are. We are all guilty, whether we are Irishmen or American gun owners, by virtue of who we are.
And that is a dangerous message to send. One day we may conclude, like the Irish, that if the law does not protect the law-abiding, it doesn't protect lawless officials either.

In the meantime, we should all support David Olofson, because in the ATF's eyes, we are ALL David Olofson.

One more thing: in supporting David you will send a message to the ATF too -- one that they will not like. And that alone is well worth the cash.


Mike,


Thanks for your interest in the Olofson case. Following is
a link to my column on the subject, and within the column is a link to take people to a page to sign up for monthly payments to be made for Olofson's mortgage and car loan payments. It would be great if you would share this information with folks on your list.

Larry Pratt

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a Jewess in the US, I say it is high time that our Congress enact legislation mandating that any NRA memberhip card is an automatic NATIONAL Concealed Carry permit! Let's take BACK our streets!

July 22, 2008 at 6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy,

As a Baptist boy in the US, I say it is high time for you to quit flogging the accomodationist, nay, traitorous, National Rifle Association. Now, if you were to propose the same law for those of the Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership, or Gun Owners of America, then I'd say OK, fine. But quit pimping for the NRA. It is unbecoming.

July 23, 2008 at 12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry for my ignorance. what is the problem with the nra?

February 3, 2010 at 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NRA = Judenrat

July 15, 2011 at 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home