Please read this sober sitrep on the Middle East situation, via Sense of Events.
1. We have, for at least nearly two more years, a virulently anti-American President;
2. That President is a terrible combination of naivete, incompetence, and ideological sympathy (or more) with long-standing enemies of individual freedom (e.g., transnational socialism, Islam);
3. The US has been for sixty-five years intimately involved in the domestic affairs of the nations in the regions, almost always with shocking levels of diplomatic and strategic indiscipline;
4. That involvement has fed massive amounts of resentment against American interests;
5. The primary American interest in the region is accessibility to oil, which is increasingly threatened by resurgent Islam at the same time the FedGov is both proposing disproportionate military budget cuts and discouraging domestic energy production; and
6. The best-organized ground game in the area belongs to expansionist Islamic groups such as the Nazi-allied Muslim Brotherhood and its ideological allies.
All of the spew on the MSM last week about "freedom rising" in the Middle East will likely prove to be a cruel joke.
And we - the individuals in the American FreeFor -- will be among those who are not laughing.