Western Rifle Shooters Association

Do not give in to Evil, but proceed ever more boldly against it

Friday, November 13, 2009

Subversives Apply Here

Hat-tip to reader DW for this entry from Samizdata:

***
You put a standard sticker on some physical evidence of intrusion, threat, surveillance, overregulation, nannying... by or authorised by, an official body. You photograph it. You send in the photograph to them and/or publish it by other means... and that's it. There's a running competition for the best pics.

It is a smart use of the networked world to do something that is not quite the direct action loved by old-fashioned activists, but more directive action, to get the public's attention on the world around us and how needlessly oppressive it has become. And it is a game, too.

Alex Deane of BBW tells me he has already had hundreds of requests for stickers, and some very serious and respectable think-tankies appeared to be taking them at a meeting I attended last night.

I wonder whether anyone will manage to tag an FIT unit?

***

Remember the demonstrated performance of the freedom team to date, from the perspective of Obama/Emanuel/Axelrod:

- multiple large rallies across the country that are utterly disregarded by both the legislative and executive branches

- no effective opposition party

- no demonstrations of civil disobedience

- no broken windows

- no graffiti

In other words, continued submission to whatever outrages are effected by the ruling class in Washington.

Any question why the Bad People think they can win?

If you dare not spray-paint a Roman numeral 'III' on some outpost of Leviathan, you ain't gonna be able to do the harder tasks.

Period.

13 Comments:

Blogger daniel said...

I think those green American Reinvestment Act (stimulus) signs by the road would look a lot better with a III on them.

Thing is, I don't think too many of "us" are the law-breaking or rebellious type and probably have not engaged in vandalism like that before. I've noticed most on our side are highly averse to even endorsing the big, bad, scary M-word because, to some, it has a ring of criminality or extremism.

But I continue to hold out hope and try as I can.

November 13, 2009 at 7:44 AM  
Anonymous Chris K. said...

I'm fine with breaking their laws. You first Pete.

Nothing personal, I love this site and Mike's too. You guys are great at putting our frustration into words and giving us ideas on how to resist.

When you show me a picture of this:

"If you dare not spray-paint a Roman numeral 'III' on some outpost of Leviathan, you ain't gonna be able to do the harder tasks."

I'll do the second one.

November 13, 2009 at 5:20 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

Wanna bet?

November 13, 2009 at 5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think bank robber dye packs in packages I mail myself set up for the people that open my mail at times would be funny, but I'm not sure of the legality. It'd sure mark them for a bit. Heard that stuff is hard to get off.

November 13, 2009 at 7:20 PM  
Blogger Concerned American said...

Chris K:

You kinda just proved my point, right?

November 13, 2009 at 9:47 PM  
Anonymous Chris K. said...

I don't think so. I can see how you would see it that way.

I just find it curious that you basically call us out, saying that if we are unwilling to break windows we are certainly unwilling to shoot the baddies.

You first, you throw the first stone in the window war. I'll throw the second.

You called me (us) out. This is me returning the favor.

November 13, 2009 at 10:11 PM  
Blogger pdxr13 said...

III painting is the job of children. Our job is much more serious.

November 14, 2009 at 1:42 AM  
Blogger Concerned American said...

Chris:

Do you think the Bad People who look at sites like this are impressed by your willingness to be second?

November 14, 2009 at 2:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I expect threepers to push back when the expected individual consequences of not pushing back are worse than the expected individual consequences of pushing back. I think this will happen when they are boxed in with every "legitimate" choice leading to ruin: Bankruptcy by mandatory health insurance vs. felony without health insurance, etc. Expecting threepers to sacrifice themselves early, for the greater good of the collective, is just another flavor of believing that Communism works.

November 14, 2009 at 9:26 AM  
Anonymous Chris K. said...

Pete,
You seem to be all bluster and no action.

Don't get me wrong, I think there is a place for someone like yourself that can write well and aggregate others writings into a centralized locale.

I have learned a lot from the articles you have posted.

"Do you think the Bad People who look at sites like this are impressed by your willingness to be second?"

Not likely.

Do you think the Bad People who look at sites like this are impressed by your empty words and lack of action? Your complete and utter failure to do what is necessary? Your agitating and standing around with a "who me?" look on your face? Your willingness to put others in a compromising position but unwillingness to do the same with your own hide?

November 14, 2009 at 10:35 AM  
Blogger Crustyrusty said...

Give it time. Most conservative law-abiding types need to get used to the idea.

Look how much crap it took to get conservatives pissed off enough to even consider such acts.

Look how long it took conservatives to come out to protest, especially since it meant taking time off work for a lot of them.

It's coming.

November 15, 2009 at 4:41 AM  
Blogger Concerned American said...

Chris K:

Action doesn't get discussed by smart people except on a need to know basis.

From my accounting, I'm still up:

I'm waving the flag, thereby guaranteeing that I will be amongst the first to fall.

You're heckling.

Impressive.

November 15, 2009 at 10:55 PM  
Blogger Concerned American said...

Anon at 9:26:

Some will.

Others won't.

"Sacrifice themselves"?

Hardly.

November 15, 2009 at 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home