A Lesson From One of the Last Free Britons
Head over to The Smallest Minority for a lesson from a Brit on how his nation committed suicide.
Read it all, but here are some lessons learned from the piece:
...So what lessons can I summarise here?
1) Government is a Business and like any business it is a case of expand or die.
2) An emergency allows legislation to be introduced which ratchets up, never down and any power once seized is NEVER given up.
3) Politicians lie.
4) The Police are a business (see 1 above).
5) Unless you take an interest in Politics and watch your “representatives” like hawks, they will arrange things to benefit themselves.
6) Unless you are cynical, the plausible schemes, soft and reasonable sounding words are not rebutted and there is always a further step which can be taken towards Utopia. Once you realise the process has gone too far, it is too late.
Does that little list sit uncomfortably with you?
Read the whole thing.