Western Rifle Shooters Association

Do not give in to Evil, but proceed ever more boldly against it

Monday, January 19, 2009

On the Eve of Change

In traditional statecraft, as two parties edged closer to open hostilities, the opposing diplomatic missions in each nation would be actively engaged in negotiations up to the point when further efforts were fruitless. Once that point had been reached, embassies located in soon-to-be-hostile territory would burn their files so that sensitive material would not be captured or otherwise secured for use by the enemy forces.


Rivrdog, a gun and freedom blogger in coastal Oregon, has read the hopey-changey tea leaves and has decided to reconfigure his blog and its mission. He explains the 'what' and 'why' in these linked entries.

An excerpt:

***
Going off the 'Net, temporarily

This blog will still be there, but the content will only be accessible by password until I get all the editing done, upon which time I will open back up as a blog of political criticism and culture commentary mostly, along with nonsense about my personal life. I'm considering having a daily section of criticism aimed at the leftist Portland papers, sort of a daily debunking column. That section might morph into a separate blog, we'll see. The daily Oregonian considers itself an actual arm of the government hereabouts, although I've read most of the City charters and have a decent familiarity with the State Constitution of Oregon, and strangely enough, the paper is not mentioned.

I can't predict how long it will take, either, but I expect at least a week, maybe two or three. There are almost 2,400 posts to look at and edit.

If you wonder why I'm doing this, I posted about it yesterday.

I prefer to get into conflicts on MY initiative, not someone else's. That's a life principle for me, and as much as I love blogging and this blog, the principle supersedes it, so I will make the changes. The blog Paratus has been edited, and is available. I'll use it to announce anything while this blog is down.

After the change, there will be few references made to armed conflict of any kind, with the possible exception of some which might be found in links...
***


Fair winds and following seas, Cap'n.

You will be missed.

3 Comments:

Blogger triptyx said...

That's well and good, but anyone posting anything on the internet, especially on a privately owned blogging system, should remember that once you post something on the web, it lives on forever in one location or another.

If your enemies really want to find something to hang you with, deleting it off the net will do nothing more than provoke them to point to your editing as your foreknowledge that what you have written is "wrong" or "criminal".

That said, I'm sure this won't be the last person to do this, and I too wish those folks luck in these "interesting" times.

January 19, 2009 at 6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[quote]
Do not give in to Evil, but proceed ever more boldly against it.
[/quote]

I assume you will be changing this statement on top as well, since it probably no longer reflects your priorities.

What a shame.

January 19, 2009 at 7:02 PM  
Blogger Concerned American said...

ML:

Per my email, Rivrdog is going offline.

WRSA is not.

We are here for the duration.

Victory or death.

January 20, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home