Western Rifle Shooters Association

Do not give in to Evil, but proceed ever more boldly against it

Friday, December 12, 2008

Sound and Fury

Two comments from the scene of the latest outbreak, plus a reader advisory.

Advisory: Read the whole comment string to see Billy Beck's masterful demonstration of a stomp-down.

Comment #1:

Somewhere, Kevin and I had an exchange where he asked me for "the plan".

I replied:

1) We're screwed

2) There's gonna be a fight

3) Let's win

My definition of "win" is pretty simple: leave me alone.

Not being satisfied with taking more than 50% of my earnings each year, the American government in a few short weeks will likely propose legislation to criminalize and then remove my firearms of military utility, along with their accoutrements.

There's a very low probability of defeating such legislation, which may include neither a sunset clause a la AWB I nor any grandfathering of existing weapons or accessories.

I and a whole lot of other folks will not comply.

At that point, the government will face a choice -- lose credibility by doing nothing, or begin the raids that will open a terribly bloody new chapter of our history.

A whole lot of folks are preparing for just that eventuality -- and are simply waiting for the government to make the first move.

When they kill Vanderboegh or other prominent folks...when the rolling roadblocks commence...when there's an obligatory "refinancing" of people's retirement funds into "government-backed retirement accounts"....when the alternative media are being squashed....when the homeschoolers are being raided "for the children"...a whole lot of folks will roll off their fail-safe points and go hot.

And it will be a bloody, tragic mess.

For those who believe that the pure political route is still fruitful, God bless ya. Keep bashing away.

As Codrea says, "CUM ULLA SELLA IN PUGNO TABERNA."

Any chair in a bar fight.

A lot of people at the failsafe point are still making those calls, writing those letters, and marking those ballots, too.

But those same folks also have plans for when the political process irretrievably fails -- even more than it has already.

And there is literally nothing that anyone can do about those plans.

Any attempt at preemption by the state security forces will only light the fuse that much sooner.

And the funny thing is -- those folks just want to be left alone. They don't want to govern a soul.

We're beyond a fix in the near-term. The best possible outcome would be for the new administration to govern from a limited-government, strict construction Constitutional basis.

Anybody want to calculate the odds on that?

I own me. I own my output. I have an unalienable right to defend myself, by whatever means necessary, against predators and looters.

And I am damned tired of my servants in government acting otherwise.

Stay low. Keep moving. Good luck.


Comment #2:

Wolfwood: I see this "thrashing about" as potentially useful, if it can be turned into a learning experience.

I do not know a single serious person who has not in the past spent time, money and effort pushing all of the appropriate Civics 101 buttons in the political process.

Many folks still are. I know I am.

I also know what happened when I repeatedly called and wrote -- per Codrea's blog request, BTW -- my Senators re Mike Sullivan, the acting Director of BATFE.

Nothing.

Not even the courtesy of a reply.

Ditto re my repeated calls/letters to both Senators and my Congressman in opposition re the October "No Banker Left Behind" Revolution.

Ditto re my current repeated calls and letters re the December "You Don't Buy Our Crappy Cars, We'll Take Your Money Anyway" Revolution.

I fully expect the same come AWB2 and the rest of the high-speed hosing coming soon from the Bolsheviks.

I'll write, I'll call, I'll agitate...and I'll lose.

I meant what I said above -- I wish nothing but success for the people who still see utility in the political process. In Georgia, we were able to obtain a significant improvement in the state's concealed carry laws this year, over strong opposition and a very reluctant Governor.

So it's not always futile.

But I have accepted, based on my personal experience and the objective record of freedom's defeats over my lifetime, that people who believe in individual freedom, political liberty, the rule of law, and very limited government are a despised minority and are, for all intents and purposes, politically irrelevant on the Federal stage for at least the next two years.

And the next two years bode very ill indeed.

Having accepted those facts, I have done the internal searching and found that it is inconsistent with my personal values to either surrender to or collaborate with the statist coup under way by both political parties for at least the last decade.

Thus: leave me alone. Don't raise my taxes, don't touch my personal property, don't harm my friends, and don't harm any of my fellow citizens exercising their inherent and unalienable rights of speech, assembly, worship, and arms-bearing.

"Shall not be infringed" means just that -- and I don't give a rat's ass what Nino Scalia wrote to get the all-important 5th vote.

The lesson? Work Plan A as long as there is an objectively-reasonable chance of success.

But have the tools, skills, and, most importantly, will to create, practice and execute Plan B when Plan A fails.

And yes, Kevin -- when, not if.

The bad guys hold the high ground. Just look around, as uncomfortable as that makes one.

Good luck all.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So... we have the other folks surrounded from the inside. If pity is in your makeup, then pity those people.

December 12, 2008 at 4:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In relation to the bumper sticker graphic, it could a moot point in short order if the "several States" call a Constitutional Convention. According to the news today, only 2 more states are needed and there will be a Con-Con. Last one we had was in 1787 with the goal of amending the Articles of Confederation. They were thrown out and our current Constituion was written. If this occurs, every single governmental limitation, gaurantee, and separation of power is on the table and can be basically thrown out and rewritten the way the delegates want it to be done.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=83364

December 12, 2008 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger chris horton said...

Excellent. Hammer meet Nail.

All opposed,sit down and shut the hell up.

Thanks!

CIII

December 12, 2008 at 1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course there will be a sunset and grandfather clause in the next AWB. Of course the next checkpoints will generally pass people with clean records, just like the current immigration/citizenship and "drinking" road checkpoints, and the TSA. There will not be an implanted RFID chip. They are not going to hand you a clear crossing of a popular line in the sand, because they are smarter than that.

What they are going to do is simply raise taxes and let you bleed out. Like the residents of Zimbabwe, you will comply all the way down until you're too close to starvation to recover, because in the short term it seems like a good strategy. Heads you comply with the red tape and lose money, tails you go to prison for not complying with the red tape.

Look at the formerly middle-class people who were evicted from their homes for not paying the mortgage. Instead of insisting on being allowed to live in the city in travel trailers and other cheaper structures, they are now willing to live in tent cities?? Is a sanitation-based epidemic that decimates them far behind? That's going to be you, because you don't have enough lines in the sand. You'll build your own concentration camp, and feel obligated to live in it.

December 12, 2008 at 5:54 PM  
Blogger tom said...

Couple spare "twists of the knife" with those prags, I'm done. May the god of their choice have mercy on their souls, but if they try to climb in my lifeboat I'm gonna be tap dancing on their hands.

December 13, 2008 at 4:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"In relation to the bumper sticker graphic, it could a moot point in short order if the 'several States' call a Constitutional Convention."

I do believe that every constitutionalist should consider this with extreme care. A clear understanding of Article V informs us that the purpose of a constitutional convention is to propose amendments. There are only two very specific limitations on the procedure, and the practical upshot is that once the convention is convened, all bets are off. If someone proposed an amendment to shave your heads and feed you goat-shit, it would go to a ratification vote.

I think a convention would be an extremely dangerous move in a culture where almost nobody understands the constitution at all anymore. They would vote you straight to hell.

Whether that's a bug or a feature is an open question.

December 13, 2008 at 5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home