Western Rifle Shooters Association

Do not give in to Evil, but proceed ever more boldly against it

Friday, October 3, 2008

Beck and McElroy: Sitrep - 2 Oct 08

Billy Beck links to Wendy McElroy, who says:

***
...Most interesting in the LA Times article is this quote from Rep. Brad Sherman, California, about what is being said by some House members to urge passage: "I've seen members turn to each other and say, 'If we don't pass this bill, we're going to have martial law in the United States.'" Rep. Sherman regards that to be mere "fear mongering." Interesting, that this comment comes on the very day that the 1st Combat Brigade Team of the 3rd Infantry that has been rotated back from Iraq goes on domestic assignment (euphemistically referred to as "dwell time") (For more on the military's "dwell-time mission" please see an earlier post entitled Time for a Second American Revolution.)

I'm uncertain about whether the "martial law" claim is repetition of something that key committee members have been briefed about by the Bush administration. I believe that if they think there are sufficient controls in place, the claim could be a deliberate propaganda release to start "softening the ground" for an actual imposition of such a regime. I think it's time for every US resident who values Liberty to make a strategic decision about which direction to choose in such an eventuality: emigrate to a better place; or stay and resist.
***

Beck comments:

***
I'm in. Right here, right now, for better or worse. I've always said so when things turned to thoughts like this: I'm an American, goddammit, and I'm not going anywhere. I would die here in an American prison -- or in battle, it doesn't matter -- before I would run away from this. There is no place else to go. This place did not become the light of the world as a matter of fashion. America was about human life when the rest of the world was barely (or not at all) dragging itself out of the primordial political mud (fu*k the fu*king French and their goon-ass "Revolution") in which it had floundered for countless eons. If that idea is going to be saved, then it's going to be saved right here.
***


I believe Colonel Prescott had some relevant words as well.

Tempus fugit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where will they run to? How can they hide?

If we but show the determination of a cornered rat, these pricks will find someone else to victimize. This is about WILL, people, pure and simple.

If enough of us, NO MATTER HOW FEW, demonstrate the will to resist, we will frighten them back into their collectivist holes.

But like Beck, I am a free man. An American. And I will fight and die on ground of my own choosing, that of my ancestors. It is blood-soaked enough already to make it sacred. When they bury me in it I shall welcome it.

Where to run? Better to figure out where we shall make our stand.

Vanderboegh

III

October 3, 2008 at 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home