Western Rifle Shooters Association

Do not give in to Evil, but proceed ever more boldly against it

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Hearty 'Hello!' to Our Federal Friends

Let's all give a friendly shout out to our first Federal visitor today - our old buddy, Donnie DHS:

Then let me introduce two new acquaintances - one from the Army:

and another special visitor - this one from the US Department of the Treasury:



A few quick questions for all of you:

- Are you here to learn more about Constitutionally-limited government?

- Are you here to learn about the real purpose behind the Second Amendment and its absolute guarantee of armed citizen oversight over all branches of government?

- Are you here to learn how armed American citizens can work together to withstand the tidal wave of totalitarianism (both hard and soft) currently sweeping the planet?

- Or, are you here for some other purpose? If so, how about dropping us a comment below?

Hope to hear from you soon.

BFF!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That second one might be me;)
I logged in from an Army base in PA. I'm simpatico.

April 23, 2008 at 7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the treasury hit. I've been following the blog for about six months now (I recently changed jobs, hence why it hasn't registered previously), and have mostly been wishing you operated closer to the East Coast so I could attend some of your courses.

Yes, I am learning about Constitutionally-limited government here, at survivalblog and Codrea's War on Guns. I'm wondering, if I had gotten more into it before investing 6 years in gov't service, if I'd have decided against getting a gov't job. In the mean time, there are other things I can do proactively (like throw eggs across the street at the ATF building) and it does encourage me in my day-to-day work to neither waste time nor forget who I ultimately answer to.

If you ever hit DC, I'd be happy to put up a place for you to stay and take you on a tour of the area.

April 23, 2008 at 9:37 PM  
Blogger Concerned American said...

Welcome.

I started my career as a narcotics prosecutor in NYC, so it has been a long, strange trip for me.

If you have not yet done so, please get familiar with the works of Walter Williams and Thomas Sowell.

Each has a big part of getting my eyes open.

We hope to get some events going in the East soon. You'll see 'em here first, so make yourself at home.

April 23, 2008 at 11:16 PM  
Blogger Concerned American said...

Welcome, Charlie. Feel free to suggest info for posting as you see fit.

April 23, 2008 at 11:18 PM  
Blogger Tam said...

RE: Hits from .mil addresses.

Soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines get bored at work, too. And unless one has made a point of not associating with them, one realizes that most of the armed forces are solidly on the side of the angels.

:)

(Once I noticed a .gov hit from treasury. Turned out to be a friend from the gun boards doing contract programming there. We're everywhere you want to be, baby. ;) )

April 25, 2008 at 2:40 PM  
Blogger Tam said...

As one army NCO once said to me "How am I supposed to be out confiscating other people's guns when I'm at home making sure nobody confiscates mine?"

April 25, 2008 at 2:43 PM  
Blogger Concerned American said...

Tam:

Way understood re the .mils.

Were that every American understood the concepts of duty, honor, country, and fidelity to one's oath one-half as well as the good men and women of the armed forces.

April 25, 2008 at 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home