This Is (Likely) Your Warning Order
Courtesy of Codrea's War on Guns blog, here is the reason for the warning order which follows:
Situation: The left-wing Democratic U.S. Congress is considering legislation which, if passed by both Houses and signed into law by the current or future POTUS, will significantly aid anti-freedom forces within the executive and legislative branches during the first term of the next POTUS. Legislation (H.R. 1955) was referred by the House to the Senate on 24 October 2007, which received it and referred the bill to the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs.
Mission: All Americans and all American allies should continue and complete all preparations asap to enable:
1) Personal survival of immediate family and friends, with support to others as practicable;
2) All appropriate action to defend the USC and BoR, as written.
1) Continue monitoring of traditional media, alternative media, and freedom-centric sources re this and other actions by USG/state/local personnel.
2) Complete provisioning of all resources needed for "rainy decade"; completion mandatory NLT 20 January 2009.
3) Develop and practice execution of multimedia communication plans with related parties consistent with COMSEC and OPSEC; completion mandatory NLT 20 January 2009.
4) Complete physical/skillset/mindset training for all personnel NLT 20 January 2009; adjust current personnel/assignments as appropriate.
While the credulous would say that this bill simply establishes a study commission to produce a report on domestic terrorism within 18 months of the bill's enactment, Mr. Dylan would say in response:
"You don't need a weatherman to see which way the wind blows...."
UPDATE 29 OCT 07: While the procedural posture of HR 1955 is misstated (it has NOT been passed by the entire House as of this date), this article has some additional interesting data points for your personal weather forecast.
UPDATE #2 29 OCT 07: Actually, the bill has been passed by a 404-6 vote by the House on 23 October. My error, for which I apologize.