WRSA Intermediate Rifle Clinic - Kooskia, ID - July 7/8
Grab your gear and join us on July 7-8 in Kooskia, ID for our first Intermediate Rifle Clinic!
What You’ll Need:
• 200 rounds rifle ammo per day/50 rounds handgun
• At least two mags (Note: we are Garand-friendly, so our courses of fire will accomodate Garand users)
• Rifle sling and ammo carry (mag pouch, bandoleer, etc.)
• Optics/Irons – whatever you would use in an emergency; bring back-up irons if possible
• Enough food/water/sungear/raingear to get you through each day’s shooting; don’t forget the aspirin!
• Kneepads/elbowpads/groundpads if you use them
• Eye and ear protection
• Binoculars (optional)
• Pistoleros: bring your holstered piece, ammo, and an extra mag/speedloaders; revolvers are welcome
What You’ll Learn:
• Practical zeroing for your rifle
• Rapid reaction shots at various ranges (from 3 to 200 yards)
• The importance of follow-up shots
• Immediate action drills
• Reloading techniques
• Moving safely with your rifle
• The necessity of weak-side training
• Your pistol as last resort
Who: Western Rifle Shooters Association
What: Intermediate Rifle Clinic
Where: Kooskia, ID – see details below
When: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
July 7-8, 2007
How much: $75/day; $150/weekend
Prerequisites: Each shooter will be expected at all times to adhere to the standard gun safety rules, with special attention to muzzle and trigger finger control.
Your weekend will be more enjoyable if your rifle is cleaned, properly lubricated, and zeroed at 100 yards. All shooters will have an opportunity to zero their rifles and handguns at appropriate distances.
Make sure to remember your cleaning equipment, lubricants, and any necessary tools/manuals for all of your gear.
Rally point details: All shooter should meet no later than 7:30 AM each morning at Panky’s Grocer Store on Main Street in Kooskia, Idaho. Don't worry - it is the only grocer store in Kooskia.
As a group, we will then proceed to the shooting location for the day. Note that the shooting location for each day may be different, so assembly each morning at the rally point will be a necessity. It will take about 20-30 minutes to drive to the range.
Three Rivers Motel & Resort
Highway 12 Mp 97, Kooskia - (208) 926-4430
Mt Stuart Inn & Apartments
6 S Main St, Kooskia - (208) 926-0166
Clearwater 12 Motel
108 E 3rd St, Kamiah - (208) 935-2671